#Ghana60YearsOn: #MightyAfrican stories, thoughts and hopes

We called it the GhanaThink Foundation because we thought (and would continue to think) about Ghana. It's been more than 12 years since GhanaThink was born. It's also been a while since I did a blog post, or even wrote a piece for this #mightyafrican blog. Today is a great day to break that duck. Ghana is 60 years old! We are celebrating, marking, reminiscing, criticizing, strategizing, thinking and doing. 


To be frank, I am not as excited about Ghana, mostly because of our growth pace, development we can fell in around us and in our pockets and the politics and antics I've seen that are hurting Ghana and don't seem to be abating. However, I have always been excited about Ghana. More than 10 years ago, I decided to stop bothering and focusing on the negatives, and championing, celebrating and cultivating the positives. It's what drives me as we work on the +GhanaThink Foundation and its programs like +Barcamp Ghana +Junior Camp Ghana +Ghana Volunteer Program, etc. Read more via Barcamp Ghana | Junior Camp Ghana | Ghana Volunteer Program (GVP).

I contributed to a Ghana @ 60 book that is culled by +Gamel Sankarl, an author amongst his many occupations. He once mentored at +Barcamp Kumasi as well. I would share a link to buy, download or get the book in soft and hard copies later, when I have it :-) For now, I want to share some of what I published in the book. Enjoy the read and leave some comments or get in touch with through social media and social communication. 




Ever since I left high school, I have been very passionate about meeting people, making friends and networking. When I was in university in the US, I used to travel far and wide to connect with like-minded people, especially those of the same cultural neighbourhood as me. I would attend several African themed events in the US (especially involving African students). To this day, networking is a joy and something I cherish. I have also seen its benefits first hand and over time, so I am more motivated to do more of the same.

One of the best things about Ghana’s current state is the closeness we enjoy. Thanks to our high school system and family (cultural) traditions, Ghanaians have close ties amongst each other. Today, our youth are extremely connected. There are small degrees of separation between various Ghanaians. For young entrepreneurs today, the network amongst us is really strong, where it’s easy to get connected to each other. We have a state of a big family, which is accessible, increasingly responsible, albeit a bit entitled. We have available natural resources that we are not turning into value. We have a lot of available human resources that need to become more valuable human capital and competent.


I want to see a Ghana that is clean, driven by consensus and has developed communities and ecosystem able to support its constituents. This is the Ghanaian dream I envision. I want to see a Ghana where Ghanaians feel they don’t need to travel elsewhere to achieve their biggest dreams. I want to see a Ghana that is unique in its culture, marrying timeless tradition and terrific technology. We must remain uniquely Ghanaian, with our positive cultural and communal traits. We must give way to best practices that ensure equity in wealth, resources and opportunities.

Technology is the biggest change in these last 60 Ghanaian years. Though we could have embraced tech more, especially in implementation, it has reinforced our connections. It has become a leveller, allowing people to shine. We are in the fourth industrial revolution that puts so much power in our hands and capabilities. Technology is a great way to level the playing field for everyone. We must embrace the tools, training and technology available to us now and build some to meet our needs and chart the future.

60 years on, Ghana is well into its life. A couple of generations in, we must repeat best practices and repeal bad habits. We must build a Ghana we can be proud of living in, now. More vim to Ghana’s youth as we take on more responsibility professionally, socially and traditionally. We must become changemakers, doers and entrepreneurs. We must lead today!

Comments

KUBET said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
Wow 😮 very impressive I'm inspired, Boss 🙏🙏
It's amazing to see great men stand their grounds in the quest to make impact and develop the youth irrespective of the current state of the nation. I'm already looking forward to the next event. Super refreshing 🙌
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ghan said…
Great article on planning events! Miami always has the best nightlife options — you can see more see more
Stray said…
Reflecting on 60 years of Ghana's history and celebrating these powerful stories is truly inspiring! Thank you for sharing such a meaningful tribute. If you're taking a quick break from reading, feel free to check out robo cat.
anjhella654 said…
Cet article est une belle réflexion sur 60 ans d'indépendance du Ghana – entre fierté, esprit critique et espoir pour l'avenir. La vision d'un pays qui allie tradition et technologie, où les jeunes peuvent réaliser leurs rêves sans partir à l'étranger, est vraiment inspirante. Pour ceux qui cherchent un moment de détente après cette lecture engagée, rodeoslot bonus offre une petite parenthèse. Quels sont selon vous les plus grands défis du Ghana pour les 10 prochaines années ?

Hashim said…
Thanks for sharing -- really nice info
Great Article . One love Africa 🇳🇬
Searching for the BEST IPTV SERVICE is easier when you know exactly what you want from your entertainment setup. Personal priorities provide a useful benchmark for comparing different options. BEST IPTV SERVICE
I recently noticed IPTV LIVE USA during my research into IPTV services. With so many providers available, comparing them based on your actual viewing priorities makes the decision much more manageable. IPTV LIVE USA
Adnan Ali said…
Commemorating sixty years of Ghanaian independence through the #Ghana60YearsOn and #MightyAfrican storytelling initiatives provides a powerful look at the nation's rich heritage, cultural pride, and visionary future. Highlighting personal narratives from community elders, diaspora voices, and emerging youth creatives captures both retrospective reflections on post-colonial progress and dynamic aspirations for modern innovation and arts. Engaging with digital campaigns centered around Pan-African history offers thoughtful insights into cultural preservation, grassroots empowerment, and regional identity. When you want to treat yourself to a relaxing break after exploring historical retrospectives, reading cultural essays, and following community storytelling threads, visit https://lizarocasino-french.com/.
Adnan Ali said…
A collection of stories and personal reflections about Ghana’s 60 years sounds like a meaningful way to look at the country’s history and identity. I especially like posts that bring together different voices, because they can show how people’s hopes and experiences shape the way they view their country’s journey. https://vincispin.com.es
Adnan Ali said…
The idea of sharing stories and hopes around Ghana’s 60th anniversary is really interesting. Personal memories and everyday perspectives can add a lot of depth to historical milestones and give a better sense of how different generations experience them. https://turbo-winz.es
Jony said…
I like recipes like this because they are simple enough for a casual meal but still feel a little more special than an ordinary rice bowl. Adding avocado, cucumber, sesame seeds or pickled ginger could give it even more variety. Between preparing the ingredients and enjoying the finished bowl, https://playamo-live.com/ can be a simple way to take a short break and change the pace. It sounds like an easy recipe to experiment with at home.

Popular posts from this blog

The Top Senegalese Songs of All-Time - Starting Eleven

The Top Tanzanian Songs of All-Time - Starting Eleven

The Top South African Songs of All-Time - Starting Eleven