#MusicWeDeyFeel: All-time Favorites, including these from Akwaboah

I am a very big fan of Akwaboah's music. One of my favorite YouTube videos to listen to is this one - a performance he did at the EMY Awards. I would love to see him perform live, surprised I have never? Me too. I would have loved to be at Citi TV and he was making us rally around the flag, or the various #Cituation related shows. I always love hearing his songs on the Citi Breakfast Show hosted by Bernard Avle and Nathan Quao. 

Akwaboah is the king of love songs in Ghana, currently. Maybe ever. Kojo Antwi? Okay, debatable. I already gave Kojo Antwi his props too.Before I get into my top 3, have you heard Akwaboah's song Posti Me? This song eh? You know I love social media. I love to be romantic on social media too. See #MightyAfricanLove. W8! W@!? I just realised he has done a song with Efya and Adina? OMG! Check it out, I Still Love You! Okay, onto the faves.

I Do Love You - 2013
This was one of my wedding songs. Self-explanatory. Thinking about this is making me tear up. Simple message. For all times, for the future times, when times are rough and tough. Listen while reading the lyrics



"Me daa menna woho adwendwen ahyeme ma. Metumi da nsoa woho dayɛ nkoa. Enti peneso ma meɛ. Na enye saa biribi bɛtɔ meso. Cause girl I wanna spend the rest of my love with you!"


Hold Me Down - 2018
Keeper of the gates of wisdom, please let me in! Keeper of the gates of wisdom, please let me in! I need someone to call my own. Asugyafo, this song is for you. I have been married for 7 plus years, but I still love repeating this song.



I think due to how Efya shines on the song and how Akwaboah excels on this track, many don't pay attention to Txt's rap. "Even if ebe copper sef, make I show I be proper chef". So, please listen to his rap again. If you need the lyrics to one of the best Ghanaian songs ever composed, here it is. Feel am.
"I need someone I can call my own, to hold me down!" Babe, this is for you.


Black Stars - 2022
The love I have for Ghana means I will always love the Black Stars. Even if politicians, bad people, etc are messing it up. A lot of Ghanaians have had issues with Ghana's national football team for years, even worse now over the period of the African Cup of Nations held in Ivory Coast in 2024. The Ghana Football Association which is a huge part of these problems started a "Bring Back The Love" campaign. Akwaboah did a song around the campaign, which is great. Forget about the issues for a second and listen.


"Bring back the love wey you say you get for your country. Forget the past, make we move on, cheers to victory". "The road would be muddy and rough. We know we will"
Because your country is not for the president, politicians or public sector workers. It is for Ghanaians. Let's be patriotic and support great Ghanaians. The Black Stars might not be great, but they represent all of us. Bring back the love. "Still, we go wonders"

Honorable Mentions: Obiaa, Hye Me Bo, Mesan Agye Wo, Awerekyekyere (Remix), Gangsta Love, Forget, Sanbra, Medo,, Wopɛ W'adiɛ, Friends Today, My Darling. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages