#MusicWeDeyFeel: All-time Favorites, including these from Adina

I first met Adina during a National Volunteer Day (NVDay) activity in 2014, run by Utopia's Wishlist. We had volunteered to paint an orphanage home. There she was, painting along with us. She was a star, her star was about to shine even brighter. I am very happy about her success as a musician and cannot wait to see her do more. 

Adina Thembi was also once my neighbour. No, I did not ever hear singing loudly in her house because I lived near. Her music started getting everywhere. That's what we are here to talk about. I like her aura, her dressing, how she conducts herself, amongst many other things. If I was blogging more in recent years, I would have written at least 2.33 posts about her. 

So naturally, I like her music too. Did you know she is half-South African (and yes, half-Ghanaian)? I already said the top singers worldwide per capita can be found in South Africa. Bring your shoulder. 


On My Way - 2018
I like the positive, inspirational music the most. 


"I’m on my way to the top. I never fear oo. Never stop.
I ain’t thinking to fall back. I keep on moving!"

"My paddy you for hustle well well oo. Till life go be Jeje oo!"  I went to MIT and Stanford, but I have hustled before o! Life is not quite jeje, but I am on my way.

Take Care of You - 2020
This is the wedding song for my brother - Kofi and his wife - Frances, from May 2021. I was in love with this song even before. I mean, it is Adina and Stonebwoy, 2 of my very favorites. 


I learnt about Indica Sativa from this song. No, I don't use some. But some people love it paa that it can become a term of endearment. Hmmm. 

Party - 2023
I was overly excited about this song, before I heard it play or even watched the video. Yeap.


Cape Coast to Takoradi with Elmina in between. What a jam! Fantsefo on the track. Adina on the boogie. Kofi Kinaata on the move. Beautiful track and video. "Where the party dey? Partycrewgh knows. "Forget your problems make we dance". "Problem dey but we still dey party!"
"We do not wait for a location before vacation. We dey ball, till we fall!"


There's also Why. Why didn't Why make the cut? Debatable. This might be Adina's biggest hit to date. It's not like most of her songs. Many were surprised to see it tagged as a reggae song. Actually, it makes sense. And it is a jam. 

Honorable Mentions: Why, Sika, Too Late, Ma'koma, Shoulder, Jeje, Hyedzin, Daddy's Little Girl, All Correct? etc. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages