#MusicWeDeyFeel: All-time Favorites, including these from Usher

In this tournament squad of musicians, this spot came down to Usher & Ne-Yo. Or this post for that matter. Usher won because he sang about waakye. I am lying? Have you seen this meme or clip before? There is a TikTok trend about this too o!

I love American R&B and Usher is one of the all-time best. He even came to Ghana to perform at the Global Citizen Festival. No, I have not met him before. I have not even tried to go to any concert he is performing at. iTunes was good for me, YouTube is the ish. Let's enjoy the music, or the groove, if you wanna move. 

U Remind Me
I heard this song in 2001 before I went to the US to attend MIT. This song makes me think about fleeting crushes, women I saw and thought were cute and never really got to meet. "Yo, I ain't seeing you in a minute, but I got something to tell you, listen"


"You remind me of a girl, that I once knew. See her face whenever I, I look at you.
Won't believe all of the things she put me through. This is why I just can't get with you"

Sigh. Lessons, experiences, decisions. "You need to sit down, this might take a while".

Love In This Club - 2009
You know I love to party right? I have spoken about partying several times through PartyCrewGH. Actually, I think I love to club. I have been in clubs in countless Ghanaian and American towns. This is an anthem for people who like to dance and go crazy in clubs, not just sit there and order bottles they don't have money for and run away. Yes, I went there. And besides, this song is about waakye. Listen.


In this club, hey! Bard man. Love in this club. And I don't care who's watching, waakye, watching!!!!

My Boo - 2004
Usher did this song with another American favorite of mine, Alicia Keys. What a great duet! When I was watching the video for the first time, I thought Alicia and Usher were actually boos. Acting lol. Watch.


"See, I don't know 'bout y'all, but I know about us (oh!)
And, uh, it's the only way we know how to rock"

"It started when we were younger, you were mine. My boo (my boo).
"Now another brother's taken over, but it's still in your eyes (yes, it is!)"

What else do you want me to say?

Honorable Mentions: Yeah, There Goes My Baby, U Bad, Confessions Part II, U Don't Have to Call, My Way, DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love, Burn, Nice & Slow, Moving Mountains, Trading Places, OMG, Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home), etc

Comments

Patron Saint said…
i am still waiting for where the waakye is mentioned ooo
Sharpshark said…
🔥🔥🔥

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages