#MusicWeDeyFeel: All-time Favorites, including these from Bruna Tatiana

I first heard about Bruna through Big Brother Africa, the very first show in 2003. I think that is when I started loving Angola, and its women. I learnt that she was a musician then. As she fine, I continued tracking her music career, too. Turns out, she is really good at music as well. She is not related to Roberto Mendes. You know I love Kizomba a lot and I listen it to on Thursdays. Her music is one of many reasons.

The other day, I was chatting with an Angolan friend on Whatsapp. Yes, she is a woman. She doesn't understand English well like many other Angolan friends of mine. Whatsapp started asking if they could translate what she was typing into English. And then it started offering to and translating my English into Portuguese. Shed a tear for Duolingo and Google Translate. Bruna lived in the US (Maryland areas) for many years. She can speak English. She was even cast in a movie by my friend Koby Maxwell called Paparazzi - Eye In The Dark. I am looking for the movie to watch it again, por favor. Was she in the soundtrack of the movie? No. Here are my favorite songs from Bruna Tatiana.

Nosso Momento - 2018

This is one of the top songs I like to put on repeat, since covid. Nosso Momento means Our Moment. If you know, you know. Sounds sexy eh? Watch the video.


I am wondering. Was this video shot in Angola? Or Portugal? Do you know that once upon a time, Angola sent money to Portugal. How can you not love Angola? Wait, that was a rumour? There is no evidence? Okay. I think Portugal has done a lot for Angolan music and vice versa. Bruna has contributed and benefitted. 


Não Vai Embora - 2018
Maybe it is her voice or it is just Kizomba. I love repeating this song too. This track features Fally Ipupa. They could not meet in Angola, Dr Congo, Portugal or France to shoot a video? Ao. Ao for Angola, that would have been my choice. Listen.



I don't need to translate it for you. It's a love song. Fally Ipupa sings in English, French and Lingala. Their melodious voices. Soothing. Sensual. 

Estou Cansada - 2013

For a lady who was been part of the Big Brother Africa show, you would not be surprised to hear that Bruna likes or can party. She can make party or club or danceable songs too. Bopping my head to this one. Partycrew GH! Watch the video. 


Did you see Perola AND Ary in the video? It is part of the reason I absolutely love this song. Who are the guys in the video? Are you a lady? Okay, I got answers for you. Two handsome Angolan men to compliment the Angolan women. Mwangole!!!!!

Honorable Mentions: Te Quero Bue, É Só Bo, Amo-te, Eu Falhei, Donde Está La Fiesta, Meu Tudo, Não Há, etc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages