#MusicWeDeyFeel: All-time Favorites, including these from Perola

#KizombaThursday. Every Thursday for the last number of years, I always listen to Kizomba. It started from going to Kizomba dance nights at Afrikiko in Accra on Thursdays. I have always maintained I went for these because I loved the Kizomba genre. It's true. That love has become deeper. Kizomba music is basically my go-to to ensure I lift myself out of any bad mood. It works. Because I decided accordingly. The one whose voice I like to hear singing the most is Perola.

Does it matter that I can't speak Portugese? No. Do I need to understand the language of Kizomba music? Would be good. Would it change how I feel about the music if I understood the lyrics? I have to think about that one. Would a long stint in Angola help me learn to speak Portuguese? Yes. Would a long stint in Angola help me finally learn to dance to Kizomba? Sim. But I can do that by just going to more Kizomba dance lessons and parties in Ghana. 

No. Anyway, to the music by Jandira Sassingui.

Nao Custa Nada - 2020
This is my current song to listen, in general. Now, that says something.

On repeat.

Tudo Para Mim - 2015
Before Nao Custa Nada became my favorite, there was this one.


Amore, amore, amore. Good sigh.

Tens Sorte - 2014

Before Tens Sorte became my favorite, there was this one. Do you see a trend here?


Before that, was Presta Atencao. Pushed to the bench. Before I talk about more Perola songs though, it is not easy to figure out she is from the home of Kizomba right? Mwangole. Sorry, I meant Angola.

Yes, I have been to Angola twice. As Roberto Mendes for some of the time. I have seen Anna Joyce perform before. But I have never Perola perform before. I do not know how I would react if that were to happen.

Honorable mentions: Presta Atencao, Forever, Fenix, Goddess, Ninguem, Mostra Tua Forca, Mazuke, Sincera, etc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages