#MusicWeDeyFeel: All-time Favorites, including these from StoneBwoy


Now this is our international superstar, not just being a local champion, waving the Ghanaian flag in as many lands and territories as possible. Stonebwoy has been making songs with fellow African stars, all the way to Angola with C4 Pedro. BHIM Nation! I am yet to meet Livingstone Etse Satekla, he seems like a grounded guy. He's one of my favorite musicians to listen to. Starting from when he did that Ghetto love track with Obrafour through to his push for a Grammy. 

I do like to sing Dirty Enemies featuring Baby Jet lol. But, but, friends forever.

My Name - 2017
Folks have been asking me some questions about myself the last couple of days. Some of the answers to what I do, how I do it, why I am able to do it, is because of what drives me. Ambition. This song makes me think about ambition, and what and who is needed to one there. This is one of my favorite karaoke songs. Whether in an office in Dzorwulu, a pub in East Legon, a restaurant in Cape Coast, a pub in Ho or a cafe in Kumasi. 

Ambition? I want to be remembered like Kwame Nkrumah and Nelson Mandela while not being in politics. More on this another day.


"Don't call me name. If you no hustle with me from the beginning.
Oh what a shame. Why do you want me to fail at the end of the day?
You only know my name. You don't know my story oh no no noooo
Oh no no no no no
I don't owe you nothing. Just keep pushing my thing
You don't owe me nothing. Better focus on your thing"

Sobolo - 2020
I know this is not a real song, it's like a live-band studio recording. Or maybe it's just because I am a huge fan of sobolo? Maybe.



Today is #SoboloSaturday. I have not had sobolo yet, but that is fine. Sooo ba!

Into The Future - 2023
My colleagues at the Kosmos Innovation Center agreed this was already classic after it came out. 1GAD makes songs like this, and makes them excellently.


Into the Future with chu! #IntoTheFuture. 

Honorable mentions: Everlasting, Dirty Enemies, Higher, Activate, Tomorrow, Mighty Lele, Putuu, Enku Lenu, Bawaswaba, Nominate, Pullup, etc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages