#MusicWeDeyFeel: All-time Favorites, including these from Beyonce

You thought Beyonce songs should mostly be liked by women? Since when? Since when she sang that Girls Run The World? You don't believe Girls Run The World? She was doing too much in that and other videos? She's too much? Okay, now we are aligned.

Yes, I have had a crush on Beyonce Knowles since since. No, I have never met her. I did not go and meet her Dad when he came to Ghana too. Cue the Jay-Z dinner or money conversations lol. Yes, unrelated. In 2001, the very first CD I ever bought in my life, with money that was mine, was a Destiny's Child CD. Yiw. This is how I rationalized the decision with my dad, who I was living with in Syracuse - I am a destiny's child. Ambition. Yes, I still believe it. And/or/but it was Beyonce. Gorgeous gyal. Beautiful body. Voluptuous voice. Why, you no hear some before eh? Cool. 

But seriously, the girl can sang. There's one song like that that really proves it in my book.

Listen - 2007
Listen. Don't watch the video. Listen.


Okay, do you see the motivation and the inspiration in the song? There's vim there right? Thank you Phelele.
"I'm more than what, you made of me. I followed the voice, you think you gave to me. But now I gotta find, my own.. my own!"

Smash Into You - 2008
I must confess. When I think of listening to Beyonce's music, this song normally starts the playlist and stays on repeat. She never made a music video for this. She should have. 


I must confess again. My second girlfriend Titi introduced me to this song, since I had not been seeing it on TV. Emotional. Yes, that's what Beyonce music makes me feel like, emotional.

Emotion - 2001
Yes, I meant it.
This is such an underrated song, led by Beyonce in Destiny Child's. I like Kelly and Michelle too. I've watched Merry Liddle Christmas, Merry Liddle Christmas Wedding and Merry Liddle Christmas Baby. And yes, I have watched many movies Beyonce has been in, waiting to watch Carmen: A Hip Hopera 


I cheated? This is by Destiny's Child, and not Beyonce? "Cry me a river, that leads to your ocean".

This is where I should remind you that Beyonce did a whole album with African musicians. My favorite in there is Brown Skin Girl featuring Wizkid (you can replace Emotion with this one), and Already has been growing on me too. Other honorable mentions: Irreplaceable, Halo, Drunk In Love, If I Were A Boy, Baby Boy, XO, etc. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages