#MusicWeDeyFeel: All-time Favorites, including these from Kaysha

Before you read this blog post, you have to read this one. I'd wait. 

Did it zouk you? 😀 The Zouk music genre held me, literally. In many good ways. The ringleader for this was and still is Kaysha. I befriended him through the Museke days. I just thought about how I have still not met him in person or seen him perform live. Cos there would be a lot of zouking wherever he is performing. Zoukmelove. 

I think I started liking Zouk a lot, because I have always loved R&B and Zouk is like its African cousin. 

Don't Change - 2006
This is one of the most beautiful songs ever made, in my opinion. I can cry just thinking about it. Yes, all near 40 year old me. 


Another great song without a music video? Sigh. "My cherie, my love, I'm just a guy that loves making music. You're like a melody to me, you inspire me I gotta admit it". Hmmm, I never composed a song - or made music.

One Love - 2005
Well, Kaysha only really makes love songs. I mean, I cannot imagine a non-love, non-relationship zouk song. Find me one please. 




There are a couple of ways to digest this song. Either some of the cheesiest lyrics ever or Kaysha showing that English is his mother tongue. Ati "When i get older, I'll jump up to the sky and Talk to the stars about you. When I get deeper, I'll dive to the bottom of the seas, And get these pearls for you baby". Choose one.


Something Going On - 2006
Thanks for indulging the Zouk blog post. You might want to read this one too.  
Merci pour reading it. I always got something going on. But sometimes, I just have to document it. Sadly, I have not done as much as that in my 30s. Okay, over to the music. 



"If you let me do my thing, I won't let you down". Good statement no? Sounds motivational. Motivation? If you thought about Kelly Rowland's song of the same name, we're back to square one.

Honorable mentions: Yeap, dude has made a lot of music okay? On Dit Quoi, Love De Toi, On Est Ensemble, Deeper, etc.

Comments

Joel Amen TV said…
Like the way you put the words together to describe the music of Kaysha.

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages