#MusicWeDeyFeel: All-time Favorites, including these from R2Bees

When I think of R2Bees, I think of partying and karaoke, love and having a good time. Mugeez and Paedae combine beautifully. Mugeez has shone featuring on several hits, while people say Paedae is not a good rapper. Debatable. Together, these two twinkle. 

I have met Mugeez and Paedae before, especially during my first couple of years back in Ghana (2011-2013) when I used to party a lot, go to many music events for free thanks to Museke. With PartycrewGH, we partied a lot. Friday, Saturday into the wee hours of the morning. The next Friday and Saturday too. We started traveling to party - Ada, Akosombo, etc. In fact, we took partying seriously. R2Bees' music featured heavily on our soundtracks. 

Yes, karaoke. One of my favorite songs to do karaoke to is Kiss Your Hand (the remix) featuring R2Bees and Wande Coal. Maybe, it is the "we're rocking with R2Bees from Ghana!". 

They are my favorite group. They dovetail beautifully, and they started the new wave of Ghanaian music going digital, thanks to their collaborations with Wizkid and co. Fast paced danceable music, and.....

Slow Down - 2013
This song is me and my babe's jam.
"See that sexy girl from Ghana. She too fine, one of a kind, I call her Sexy Nana. Yeah, ah! She killing me inside, I can't deny her, yah-yah. Killbeatz, drop the instrumentals straight from Ghana, yah-yah"



This song did a lot for the careers of both R2Bees and Wizkid. I am not starting any Ghana-Naija banter. So, slow down. This is one of the best Ghanaija collabos ever. 

Afrika - 2009
True to form, I love the patriotic music. 
Another song that deserved a music video. That could have blown up too. Amaka shines on this one.



"I was all emotional, but I am now very happy. Africa, stand up!"
Mama Africa, trendsetter, all is fine.
Go-getter, go further, more medals, positivity should be the sign.
"Africa is a rich continent, not poor!"
"Every body got a role to play, yeah, you dig? Africa, wake up, stand up, yeah, you dig?!"

Life (Walaahi) - 2013

Karaoke. Inspiration. Singing at the top of our voices. Stopping in the middle of the road to blare this loud through the speakers and dancing and singing along. Yes! if you have been around me enough these years, you would know that is entirely possible. 
Anyway, yes, this is that song.



"Ay, walaahi bebia ma duru no bankoma. I keep moving on I'm a soldier. I no go lose the title of I'm a holder"
"So keep doing what you doing and don't watch nobody. Na who you for listen to be Baaba God hey
Mankind go give you story. But in the end they go leave you lonely. So make your own history hey!"

I talked about ambition somewhere. 

Honorable mentions: Kiss Your Hand Remix, Bayla Trap, Lobi, I Dey Mad, Makoma, Beautiful, Ajiee, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages