Tigo - Be a true fan campaign

I was in Ghana for the first three months of 2008 and one thing I realised, was the emergence of relatively good relevision adverts/commercials. Ghana was crazy about the African Cup of Nations it was hosting and various companies had tuned their marketing campaigns in line with the football fiesta.

One company whose commercials I really enjoyed was that of the mobile service provider called Tigo. The headline sponsor for the tournament was MTN, which was widely publicizing itself around every visible corner. Tigo and other companies like One Touch, Ricemaster, Coca Cola, had done their own ambush marketing.

Tigo's campaign was called 'Be a true fan'. According to them, no matter what sport anyone played, their first love was football (soccer). You can see it in these commercials.
"It's football time! Tigo, express yourself!

Pool - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI-KVz9O-QU



Tennis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUXNFEhc04Q



Golf - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1HDWZQrgv4



Karate, Tae kwon do, Judo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dide_hIvELA



Boxing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ifGjALKJWU



Here is another commercial where the beautiful game is highlighted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tA0Y9Z05mM



Just before I left Ghana, Tigo had started another campaign - Be real, be inspired, among others. Will post the videos once I get them.

I was impressed by the storylines, sound and video quality of the commercials. I hope the Ghanaian movie industry will take note.

Comments

ADNANali said…
Discussing creative brand campaigns, regional music marketing, and memorable telecom promotions — such as looking back at the impactful Tigo - Be a true fan campaign shared by MIghTy African — always sparks fascinating, analytical, and engaging conversations on advertising and pop culture forums. Exchanging perspectives on how brands connect with local audiences, support artists, and build emotional loyalty helps marketing enthusiasts appreciate effective strategy. If you're looking for a quick way to unwind after reading through case studies and creative agency blogs, take a look here: https://casino-infinity.eu/en

Popular posts from this blog

The Top Senegalese Songs of All-Time - Starting Eleven

The Top Tanzanian Songs of All-Time - Starting Eleven

The Top South African Songs of All-Time - Starting Eleven