Are you a young person looking to create change in your community and want to make a difference across Ghana? Do you want to make an impactful and sustainable change?
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT), in partnership with GhanaThink Foundation, is pleased to announce the the Ghana Youth Social Entrepreneurship Programme. We are calling out to youth as partners for the implementation of their ideas which are geared towards "Social Innovation that Works for Women". This application does not restrict innovations to be focused on women as a primary beneficiary only, so all ideas with a social innovation focus are welcome.
This challenge is seeking youth as agents of community development through social enterprises. As an applicant, you must be passionate about social entrepreneurship, social innovation and be willing to create social change.
- Receive cutting-edge coaching and mentorship support to develop your own innovative social businesses.
- Selected participants will go through a 4-months training on how to develop their social enterprise ideas using human centred design approach.
- Selected participants will receive both financial and non-financial support to test and implement their ideas .
- The final selected participants will attend the global DOT Unconference in Nairobi, Kenya in October 2018.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Age bracket: 18 – 29 years at the time of application
- Tech savvy and computer literate
- A citizen of Ghana or resident in Ghana
- Should have a valid passport or able to acquire a passport within a short period.
- Have an innovative solution to a community problem which is at the early ideation stage. If you have been thinking through an idea which has a social impact, then you can apply.
- Applicants with gender focused ideas are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be committed and available throughout the programme to attend trainings and workshops.
- Young women are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications are due by June 17, 2018 at 11:59 GMT
Reviewing of application and recruitment - June 18 - 24 2018
Reporting Requirements: Selected applicants will be expected to pitch their idea for support.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Take time to research what a social innovation or social enterprise is to help clarify your social innovation idea.
- Step 2: Fill in the online application form here - https://goo.gl/forms/ALf9FyNuCXA6vjz82
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If selected, you will be required to attend a compulsory meetup with all the other selected participants between June 28 - 30 2018 or July 1 2018.