What is change? Change is....

Frankly, I forget why I began writing about change. I don't know if this counts as a poem, it's basically a sequence of lines about change. But even changes have an end so I had to find a way to end a bunch of change lines. You can tell me whether I did a good job.

Here goes, change is.......

Change is what I wear every day
Change is a constant k
Change is a constant c, u c
Change is seeing a different customer every day
Change is having your peace disturbed
Change is having your piece reduced
Change is having your faith renewed
Change is having your new dirtied
Change is having your dirt publicized
Change is having your Sunday
Change is what you get after you get your sundae
Change is what the seasons do
Change is what the beggars press for
Change is what the oppressed beg for
Change is what we get when we travel
Change is what we catch in our hands
Change is what we grab with our hearts
Change is what we stand for when others sit
Change is why we are sitting when others stand
Change is missing someone
Change is when someone goes missing
Change is what I eat every day
Change is a false diagnosis
Change is this being the last line
Change is finding a new line
Change is urban migration
Change is a trip to the village
Change is beginning a new chapter
Change is every different word I say
Change is finally putting a full stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages