#MusicWeDeyFeel: All-time Favorites, including these from Samini

Buei!!! Samini was the first young Ghanaian musician to really cross our borders as a superstar. VIP is a group, they did theirs too. I went to him in Dansoman in Museke's early days. He was a feeling brother! Since then, we have spoken a number of times, and he even joined a Konnect group! If you didn't know Samini was the GIMPA SRC President once, then you should look at him in a better light o. Akye saaa!

He's one of the best live performers from Africa, maybe on a global scale too. Breaking News!!!!? You should see him perform live. Or watch this video.  He makes serious music, timeless music, danceable music, lovable music, the kind of music hits you and you feel no pain. There are so many top songs from Emmanuel Andrews Samini to go to bat with. Man! He should be knighted in the music industry. Batman  aka Dankwansere aka Samini has a Midas touch. Bam bili woy!

Where My Baby Dey - 2009
Nsem pii. Hmmmm. I was so excited to hear this song. How can you not shout at the top of your voice when singing this song? "Where my baby dey; As I am wailing everyday; Hoping say she still go come my way". Listen. Watch.


"My baby no dey care again. She no dey call again. When I call she no dey call me back again. And she want me still assume, say she's alright, yeah-eh"

"Girl I should have rec you from the beginning (I no see), yeah. Is this love, was it love, has it ever been love?
Girl I'm truly missin' you. Girl you know mi coulda never diss you (never, ever, ever)
Woman me want you hear me out, yeah
Do you know? Are you sure? Tell me what is goin' on". 


My Own - 2017
This song eh? Timeless. This track would be played for decades to come. It is well written and composed, sang, performed, everything. "You make me wanna rearrange the alphabet. So I could put U next to letter I". You have not heard this song before? Are you living under a ....... okay, just listen. 


"ɛndɛ mentee wo nka, na whatsapp me ɛ ɛ, whatsapp me ɛ ɛ, ɔdɔ mayɛ lonely, bra na bɛ chate me ɛ ɛ, chat to me girl"
"Me golden tree chocolate yie, mentwa toli e!"

"Like the way I dey feel am for everywhere I dey o". That reminds, we are running a #CleanAirGhana campaign o. Check it out on social media, and let's do more to prevent and fight air pollution. Say, "I am making this problem my own, and looking for a solution I can implement. See what I did there?

Let's just say I eventually got to know the lady. 

Movement - 2014
This song makes me think of my friend who I know from my Massachusetts days. It also makes me think of this other Samini song - Dadiekye - it makes get up in some movement in a small radius, aka dancing. Pay attention to the lyrics of this one



Some people might say I am working on a movement. More vim for that. "Do good and good would follow" "Don't see green and call it yellow". Everyone is trying to do their movement though. The more successful we are in our movements, without doing illegal, untoward, retrogressive things, the more successful we would all be. "Powder be kyin powder bi, gye me di". Please, let's do good power for everyone. Samini sings some lyrics that - honest to God - are not good, but they can be used for good. 

Honorable Mentions: Odo, Sweet Mistake, Dadiekye, Music, My Baby, Linda, Obaa, Obra, Celebration, Gyae Shi, Rainbow, Iskoki, et

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages