With the Huawei P8, you can particip8 more in cool camera captures!



The Blobla meme has gone viral with many people getting their own at the Blobla link. When I was notified about this, it had given some accurate descriptions of friends. So I tried it. When I saw mine, I knew Blobla had studied my Facebook. Smart. I REALLY like taking selfies with friends. I obviously want to use my phone each time but sometimes, some other friends have phones that take nicer pictures and selfies. With the Huawei P8, I can now do the selfie taking with more confidence due to its great camera. Great news! Now, I can particip8.


As I mentioned earlier, I REALLY like taking selfies. But the truth is, I REALLY like taking groufies, that is, selfies with a group of people. Blobla attests :-) I need my phone to have a great camera. So I set out to test the ability of the Huawei P8. After a small party celebrating the 15th anniversary of Wikipedia, I took a selfie with some (+Planning Wikimedia Ghana) Wikimedia Ghana group members +Felix Nartey & +Enock Seth Nyamador  who are also part of the +GhanaThink Foundation. While we readied for the picture, I was going to anticip8. The results were gr8.
The camera has a couple of great features. The Huawei P8 has state of the art “low-light” shooting capabilities. It also has face and smile detection. You can also put the focus on yourself with the Huawei P8’s “Perfect Selfie” feature. Want to shine brighter when you take groufies? You're covered. You can highlight your best features in each photo, so every side is now your good side. Here is a groufie I took with +Jimmy Othniels +Samuel Mari Twum +Eric Amonoo +Samuel Tinagyei etc in Koforidua after a wedding reception. +Barcamp Koforidua things!

The touch focus feature can be a life saver! Imagine those times where you need to focus your camera to take the perfect picture for your Cam Scanner app. The last time I tried this with another phone, I had to adjust the phone and camera to account for shadows, etc. Tedious! It could make my patience dissip8.
Time travels at whatever speed you want with the Huawei P8 Time Lapse function. Huawei P8's real-time preview helps you choose the right exposure time for the perfect shot! The “light painting” feature allows you to paint with any light source in creating spectacular and unique images. These are relatively new features that I had to take time to figure out.

In addition to the timeless flash option, you can also choose a light option that creates a light source to brighten up the picture taking environment. The night vision pictures are really good! Fret no more about pictures after dark. Here’s a picture I took with a couple of friends - +Nii Oblie Ardayfio & +David Osei
at Republic Bar in Osu during a night on the town.
I tested the panoramic shot a couple of times. The camera app does a good job of guiding you in taking the perfect panorama. Below is a great shot of the Achimota Retail Centre in its full frontal glory.
My first experience with Huawei was when the Ideos phones were released. They were good affordable smart phones which brought many people into the Android family. They run out of Ghana so fast! However, I normally associated Huawei with cheap smart phones that aren't top of the shelf quality. Enter Huawei P8. It compares favorably to other high-end smartphones, at a more affordable price. One of the phone shops in Ghana sells it for under GHC 1700. That’s a steal right there! Grab one while stocks last. Don’t be l8. It can help take a really nice picture of #waakye, especially when you don't use the right camera on #WaakyeWednesday and have to take today like I did. Don't db8. G8 8. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages