Positivity Music Starting Eleven, with More Vim - #MusicWeDeyFeel

In December 2023, I started blogging about some of my favorite musicians. I created a tournament squad of 23 musicians. There are some songs I really like, some of which are not by these 23. They are positive songs. Songs that drive me, make me feel good, ambitious, proactive, productive, in my element, etc. I present to you - this eleven songs that can take any football field and win any game! 
We are playing a 4-4-2 formation. I am old school but a millenial. I am not Gen Z. The second striker is the maestro like Abedi Pele. 

The Man
Aloe Blacc (USA)
Goalkeeper, Number 1

Stand up now and face the sun
Won't hide my tail or turn and run
It's time to do what must be done
Be a king when kingdom comes
Well you can tell everybody
Yeah you can tell everybody
Go ahead and tell everybody
I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the man
Yes I am, yes I am, yes I am



Aloe Blacc. I had to google his name to see what it means. His birth name is Nathaniel. He calls himself Aloe because he is smooth, aloe is smooth like lotion. Not sure I would call "The Man" a smooth song, it is a bit rough. Smh? No. Nodding my head. Anyway, goalkeepers save the day, they stand up and are counted when called upon. They gots to be "The Man".

Rise (2024)
Rocky Dawuni (Ghana)
Right back, Number 2

What a man do another man fit do
Yeah yeah yeah
What they bring you no sey we for no fear
No no no
Taking advantage everyday
Oh oh oh
Now dey see say we no go give them way
Imagine what we go do if we organize
Imagine what we could do if we unify
Oh Rise
Now you know the ting wey you for do
Stick yourself in place where you stand tall
Watch your feet and step where
You might go
You dey mark ooo




This song must become a big anthem for Africans and others in the Diaspora, as my buddy Rocky Dawuni himself has put it. More lyrics to close this out."Now you know say we no go fit to lose | Yeah yeah yeah | Something wey we know say we for choose | No No No | Nothing go fit block us in our way | Oh oh oh| If we are taking each step everyday".


Something Inside So Strong
Lira (South Africa)

Left back, Number 3

You can deny me. You can decide to turn your face away.
No matter 'cause there’s... ...Something inside so strong.
I know that I can make it ....
Deny my place and time.
You squander wealth that's mine.
My light will shine. So bright... it will blind you"




You know I like to talk about vim right? This rendition is all about it, sounds about it, and would make you think about it. Yea, blog post deyThis song, the perfornance, and video also deserved its own post. Here it isDid you know that Lira had a stroke? See her sing for the first time after her stroke. Something Inside So Strong of her. This song would help us switch to a back three, to allow the right-back to rise up the field. 


Ako (War) (2006)
Obrafour (Ghana)
Stopper, Number 4

Manya de asɛm no adi ako awie
Menam ako no mu a, menkura tuo ....
Still fit be sweet and nice ....
Yaanom ɛberɛ n'aso, bɛhwɛ
What, rap sɔfoɔ
Ɔkatakyie no agye ahenkyɛ

Wotwi ahenfie kaa a, na ɛnkyerɛ sɛ woyɛ ɔdehyeɛ ei
Ɛsono ɔbarima na ɛsono ɔbarima, ɛna ɛsono ɔkatakyie
Sisi ne muo, taabu no muo
Ɛduru ako no a, yɛnfrɛ amansan, yɛnfrɛ no barima

"Without vawulence, man is nothing". I didn't say it o, have you seen the meme? I am not willing to get into a fight. In fact, if you try to physically fight with me, I would back out and laugh at you. But as for a debate, bring it on 🤣 lol. I love word play and rap battles. It's all fun, we eat beef with it. I would win though. This track is legendary for a rap battle. It is longer than 8 miles. This song also just oozes "I got my people behind me". 

African Dream
Soweto Gospel Choir (South Africa)
Sweeper, Number 5

'Cause in my African Dream
There's a new tomorrow
My African Dream
Is a dream that we can follow
And though it seems
My hope is an illusion
My African Dream
Brings an end to the confusion
 


Vision. Most people have an idea what the American dream is but have you ever heard of an African dream? Is there one? Is it different from country to country? I don't know. I do know that this song is one of the best I've ever heard. Telling lyrics, smooth instrumental and the part where they start singing in Zulu is just so heavenly. "Bawetu we Afrikaaaa". "Cos in my African Dream; There's a new tomorrow; My African dream; Is a dream that we can follow" That's great four lines of spirit uplifting.

Born For This (2011)

HHP Teargas & Liquideep "Born for this" (South Africa)
Libero, Number 6

"I do it big (Do it big)
And you know this for sure (Liquideep, Teargas, Jabba)
I was born for this (Oh, haha)
'Cause I hustle, stay focused for sure (It’s our time now, we did it baby)
I was born for this (Make noise, oh)
Oh yes (Oh yes)
See no matter what they say this will remain
I was born for this
"

When I start listening to this song, I have to listen to it 3 times, before I move to another
The other lyrics are on serious point too! K.O came through with this knockout, what you would call a screamer on the football field. "Bathi kimi keep verge, haha, I’ve been givin' birth | I know you see me now I’m free as a bird | Uyamyazi uK.O, I go in with the verse | I’m mean with the words | I’m a king,
I’m the first | All white swagger, clean as a nurse yeah
"


On My Way (2018)
Adina (Ghana)
Right Wing, Number 7

My paddy you for hustle well well oo
So life go be jeje oo
If you never know what you really want
It never go be jeje oo

I'm on my way to the top
I never fear oo
I never stop
I ain't thinking to fall back
I keep on moving, I'm on track

Don't you act surprised. In fact, you can have an element of shock if you did not know about this song. Or you are saying I think Adina is a fine gyal? She's not? Did you see that they were wearing Wear Ghana Gigis in the video? Are we aligned now? Okay.


Bandana (2022)
Fireboy DML ft Asake (Nigeria)
Attacking midfielder, Number 8.

Since '06
I've been writin' this story
I no be OG
But, if you ask dem, dem know me .....

Dem never see me comin' (joor-joor, joor-joor)
Hmm-mm, comin' (l'Eko) .....
Naija boy wey dey go foreign (wey go foreign)
Wey go foreign (wey go foreign)

I am not a Nigerian, but I have an Naija alter-ego. Ayooluwaato Eze. So I can sing that part with all conviction. You no go gree for anybody? Dey play. I have only worn a bandana once. I think my cousin Papa Jamie made me wear it, while I was in Presec or something, or sometime afterwards, in my 20s. I am not a fan of bandanas. But I am a big fan of this Fireboy DML track. In fact, when I am in a club, a spot, etc and this song comes on, I tell people around me, "This is my song!". 

Dirty Enemies (2018)
Stonebwoy ft Asamoah Gyan (Ghana)
Striker, Number 9

But inna this time eno go work
Plan yet this time it won't succeed
Not a single day day ....
My God no lay lay
Our enemy dem dirty enemies....
Our enemy getty enemies....

This should not be your biggest shock. We are trying to score goals. Or? Asamoah Gyan is the top African scorer in the history of the World Cup. He didn't score that penalty on July 2, 2010? That is because he has too many enemies, including people who do not believe in him. This my team? We have unshakeable belief. Bhim! We are BHIM Nation and beyond. Is music not about mostly about dancing? Baby Jet! This year, all my enemies' enemies, them go succeed! 

Walaahi (2013)
R2Bees ft Sarkodie (Ghana)
Maestro, Number 10

Baba God ee. Mankind give you story
But in the end they gon leave you lonely
So make your own history
Ay, walaahi bebia ma duru no bankoma
I keep moving on I'm a soldier
I no go lose the title of I'm a holder
Yeah, walaahi bebia ma duru no bankoma
I keep moving on, I'm a soldier
I no go lose the title I'm a holder

Well, R2Bees is amongst the 23. I love working in teams, and I do not ascribe to people leaving me lonely per say. I have done many things in the past to prove to myself, I cannot feel lonely, no matter what. But even if you work with others, "make your own history". Keep moving on. Soldier on. With God by your side. "I go cross the line, I go win". In case, you were wondering, yes, this song is the Lionel Messi of the team. Using head and hand, and leg, and every part of the body, et al. Are you not feeling it?

Triple Vim (2014)
Kofi Kinaata (Ghana)
Left Wing, Number 11


We dey run things
ɔyɛ running bi na yɛrerɔn
Some kind movement bi na yɛremove
More vim .....
Vim, vim, vim! .....
Size boozin ....
Don't give up!
Papa, speed up! ....
Life goes on.

Clap your yourself if you thought this track would feature. I mean, it talks about vim. Triple the vim, the positive energy, the enthusiasm, the verve, the vigor, the power, the thing inside so strong. "Choose good over evil". Papaye na wodeko heaven, na onye chapel". 


Have some tracks that would make your list or my bench? Drop them in the comments. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Official Pick-up lines to try out for fun

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Learnt how to say "What is your name" & "My name is" in 23 African languages