Worshipping with the Adonai Grace Hub, Ghana

I spent the weekend of August 16, 2024 with my sister's family in Amasaman. I blogged the start and the finish in this blog post. On Sunday, August 18, 2024, I followed my sister, and her husband and kids to church in my church attire. No, I was not wearing a Gigi from Wear Ghana. Her husband, Samuel, is a pastor. This is the Adonai Grace Hub Church in Amasaman. 

It was great being at church. Various family members have been encouraging me to go to church more, especially the women. I'm a Catholic. I am a registered member of the Christ The King Parish in Accra, though I do not go as much. St John the Evangelist Catholic Church is close to where I live in Accra, and this is where my first son, Ebo, and many of his cousins were baptised. On this particular Sunday at the Adonai Grace Hub, we talked about faith, hope and love. We must share testimonies about great moments, and the few low moments and making sure there are many more great moments to come.

The first reading was Luke 11:6-13. Louisa, my sister's first child read the verse. She's 8. This is another opportunity to read, improve her reading. She did a yeoman's job. She also sang. This made me think about reading in Twi too. Louisa likes to dance, too. The church offers her a lot of opportunity to build talents, exhibit hard work and build character. Stacey led praise & worship. Sɔfɔ maame indeed! She had auditioned for a singing competition before o. "The girl can sang!" She sang Masem Bi (M'Agyenkwa) by Pastor Joe Beecham, 1 of my favorite all-time gospel songs. #MusicWeDeyFeel. 
Here are a few highlights from Pastor Samuel's sermon. 
Ask and it would be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door would be opened to you.
God who has called us is faithful. 
We (as a church) were at a tent on a playing field. Now we're in a building, designed for so. 
It doesn't matter your present circumstances. Don't allow that to set your destiny, limit your chances or what you can achieve, etc. 
If only you would persist, plans not give up, God is willing to perfect what He has started.

Write the vision, make it clear, so that those who see it, would run with it

We should not be shy about our God. We should not be ashamed of the gospel. 
Do not be ashamed to be identified with Christ as a believer.
We should defend the gospel. 

Some religious people are shameless about their religion. 
Pray without ceasing
There are reasons why we don't see the gospel of God.

If we would have time for God, God would have time for us and would bless us. 
Let God be your treasure.
If we pray, it takes long for God to answer. It is because we're far away from God. 
If we're closer, God answers more.

Be shameless about God.
If only we would press to know this God well. 
How much of God do you know, do you carry, do you dispense?

I kept wondering to myself, "What's the gospel? How do we manifest the gospel? What is the gospel in action?" Yes, less talk, more action. More vim to that. I have always been a deeds person. Especially in Ghana, we have a lot of faith, and exhibit a lot of faith and religion. We need to match this with deeds.

"How about if the church is not doing the right thing? Should we always defend the church?" This is what I kept wondering throughout the sermon. I am sure our God is one who likes questions, discussions, and challenging what is said, for us to ultimately be Christ-like. I do believe Jesus chastised the church when it went astray. We must do much much better as Christians. 

"Lord, make a vessel of the gospel. I have made you too small in my eyes, oh Lord, forgive me. Make us crusaders of the gospel. The gospel in action"

Check out Adonai Grace Hub Church on social media - Grace Hub Embassy on Facebook, etc. Check out the Shema Daily Devotional as well. Tik Tok too o! You can find them on Amasaman, Google Maps Link. Join them to fellowship with them, especially if you live in and around Amasaman. If you are touched by this blog post, reach out to them and support the work of the gospel. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Official Pick-up lines to try out for fun

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Learnt how to say "What is your name" & "My name is" in 23 African languages