The letters we write to impress girls

In fact, sometimes I can't believe how ridiculous I get. Some might say I have a way with words. Actually, I am considering doing stand-up comedy. I have always been writing poems, used to write a lot of short stories (maybe I'll get into those again soon) and most recently, I have been doing spoken word. But at the time I found my love of writing in Presec through short stories, funny articles and poems, I employed 'these styles' in 'letters'. These styles included various figures of speech and what is known to Presec enthusiasts as "Chaa". In my youthful exuberance, I'd write letters to various girls and I don't know why we 'did' this, but we felt our letters had to be special, funny, witty, and 'chaaristic'.

I don't have the letters I wrote in Presec with me but I was browsing through my Facebook messages and realised I never 'lost' my touch. I found a long-lost friend from those jolly old Presec times and felt I start my 'communication' with her the same way I'd do so while in high school.
I have taken out some parts to protect the identity of the lady. The message is otherwise unedited. The lady, in fact, at this very moment, is 'taken', 'attached', 'wifed', you know. Kpayor. Bummer.

Ah well, here goes the message :-)


*************, so this is u?

I have searched for you far and wide, from sea to shining sea, from Paga to Cape Three Points, from Ghanaian party to Boomerang, from churches to major state funerals, from Timeout in Legon to Queens hall in Tech back to Legon On da run, from photo album to friend lists, in fact this day is a great day.

Love of my days, I miss you intoto.

Out of touch, out of sight, still in mind.

How I used to feel you paa? I couldn't stop talking about u. When I came to Ghana, I will look out for u, but for all I know, you may have grown different and I wouldn't be able to recognise u again.

Why did you disappear from my life and make my soul go heart searching and my heart go soul searching?

You have to let me know what you've done with your life since that 2001 day when I met you and through the countless letters you didn't reply.

Oh, sorry I was so excited, I didn't even introduce myself. I forgive you already if you don't remember me. I went to Presec and met you on a nice Ghanaian day *********. I was parading as a ********* and you were *********. See, I remember. :-)

We hooked up. Well, we did not, we just met and talked small. The rest they say is history.

So *************, grant me my heart's desire and come back into my life.

Signed,
Your long lost number one fan.



What were some of the lines you guys used to use? or still use. or will use. cha, get creative ;-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
aha,

btw

One of our heroes has started blogging!Very good news!!!!
http://yawnyarko.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
LOL...u r very funny
Myne said…
Did you really write this recently? LOL, I wonder what the presec ones were like then. I also remember my Ghanaian wannabe BF, very nice guy, he had some good lines like these.
Eche Sica said…
hahaha, eii Ato u dey form pass.

“Out of touch, out of sight, still in mind.” Winning shot

“Why did you disappear from my life and make my soul go heart searching and my heart go soul searching?” bonus point eii presec boyz, lol

u dey remind me of them SS days koraa. then scm girlee bi dey some skul 4 the volta inside like dat…mine o mine den I dey feel that woman since like p.4, no lie.

but the thing be say den amanfuoc make wild 4 her top plus she dey form for bl3 pass so man 4 up the game. (den times she talk me say she want turn lawyer, me too I say I wan turn chief justice)

Your post dey kae me of den times waa...sake of i sure say if we combine all the letters we write bak n forth, we go fit publish like 2 volume love pamphlet .

ridee a no dey ka3 anything but one thing a dey kae be say one day I see scm "alluring" word for somewhere wey i wan use the word bad bad.... so as she write me wey I dey reply I talk scmtin like: " i can't wait to see your alluring smile, luscious lips and to listen to your soothing soporific voice...."

chale that day den I just wan use the “alluring” den soporific vocab. girlee reply den she dey feel but she too she release some lines…”the ugly duckling has turned into a lovely swan”, she say I be “debonair” so “I have her in the middle of my palm” but say as I dey go write exam “I am sitting on your shoulders ***** write a good exam”….so I mellow wey I just want melt for the chair inside

ridee she turn lawyer for sc mplace like dat (no surprises here) wey brother man no enter law skul saf,lol
MIghTy African said…
erm Mr/Mrs Anonymous, who are you? Our heroes? I'm not sure I know who Yaw Nyarko is, but thanks for the link :-)

@Myne, kai, Ghanaians don dey use English o. The Presecans always did it better tho, lol

@Eche, that winning shot dier, it was a constant feature in every letter. The bonus point, I made up when I wrote this one.

Alluring! Soporific! Haha. Then u want make chief justice (that young)? Ei, big dreams. Kai, the girl dey form o! where she dey now?
Eche Sica said…
@MighTYy African chaa she make very cute lawyer ridee but for the sake of so so privacy den things i no go fit talk where,lol
Nana said…
LMAO! I cannot, for the life of me, ever see myself writing a 'serious' letter to any girl (any person for that matter) in this manner...guess the times really have changed....“Out of touch, out of sight, still in mind”; classic :)

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages