Hanging with Naija babes in Accra

I have decided to party less in 2013. So after partying on Friday night, I was sure to spend Saturday night at home. Especially, if I would have light at home. But after being visited by Nii, Obinna, Stephen and Ali, I entertained second thoughts. While writing one blog post, I received a call around 9:30pm from a friend, Brian, inviting me to a house party. After missing the few hours of last night’s house party, I was keen on this one. A couple of friends were not responsive and some others wanted to stay in, but I decided to honour Brian’s invitation. Because the last time I attended one of his parties, I ended up drinking Vimto and meeting Francophone women who would make you say “Oh la la”.

When I arrived at the AU Village, the ‘gateman’ directed me to Brian’s. "You will see a place with many cars packed". Fair enough. I had seen a Asian-looking lady walking down the road and asked her “Are you going to Brian’s place?” “Sorry, I don’t know Brian”. Like tonight, we go party plus Asian women, but too bad, she wasn’t heading my way. I finally found Brian’s residence and though the numbers were fewer than expected, I took a bold step and went into the house. I was greeted by 3 guys and 6 babes. If you are scoring at home, that is 1:2. If there was one less guy, that would be three threesomes. S
ɔɔɔɔɔɔme! Awesome! The ladies were chillaxing, this was a sit-down party. I got some berry good juice punched by some absolut vodka and found a seat in between three girls, one of which was sleeping.

I started talking to the less prettier chic who we shall call Joyce and it turned out she was a Nigerian who was studying at the Joyce Ababio House of Fashion. I talked about some friends of mine who had been there and we entered a conversation about the local fashion industry in Ghana, focusing on young fashion designers in Ghana and Nigeria. The only Naija fashion name I recognized in the list she talked about was Deola Sagoe. Thank you, Bella Naija. I eventually learnt that the prettier chic was visiting from Lagos (where she works with a family member in an engineering company and who we shall call Lulu) while the third one was a student at Central University who we shall call Tonia. There was one Ghanaian lady and two other Naija babes.

I didn’t get the chance to talk about Ayooluwaato Eze (my Naija alter-ego) in Lagos, but I did talk to these Naija girls about him. They were having a ball with my stories, or maybe they were really thinking “this bros na complete joker jor!” Around this time, Nii had arrived with 2 white guys, a white lady and a Ghanaian lady to up the ‘chillaxed party’ numbers. I told the ladies my father was Igbo and my mother was Yoruba from Anambra and Kwara state respectively. When they asked me about a hometown, I realized I had not formed a good section of the story. Turns out they were all Igbo ladies so I asked the fashion lady to mention a few towns in Anambra state so I could choose one as a hometown. They were all from Akwa but I chose Onitsha since I knew about it prior. Turns out that many Nigerian tribes, including Igbo, are patrilineal, so I hail from my father’s side. Onitsha, am coming to see you one of the fine days.

This was Lulu’s second time in Accra and we started sharing experiences; me in Lagos, she in Accra. I spoke about how the Lagos party goodness was still hype and no substance for me and she gave the same old answer “it depends on who you are hanging with”. After 4 trips, I beg to differ. She shared some info about Rodizzio after which we agreed that the Lagos mainland is a better all-weather party destination than the islands. We had a good conversation. She had wanted to go home with her sisters and friends but us guys were not buying that. “We’re going to Shaka Zulu!” “Oh, do you know the Zulu people? Their king is called Shaka?” Funny enough, I was spotting a Google Lacoste shirt cos I was prepared for the Shaka Zulu dress code. My buddy Obinna was not and he had to borrow a shirt from Brian. The ladies were going to ride solo and leave me and Obinna to the #vimride. “Not my portion (with the hand movement)!” We made sure there was gender-balance in the cars and rode off. Not like ride off, but ride off to a location. I mean a physical building where clubbing happens lol. Doing the gender balance thing made sure the ladies didn’t take the other turn at 37 and head home.

Shaka Zulu was mad fun! I like the club and I think I will be visiting it more often. Erm, I am not saying it was fun because I was with plenty babes but they did make it more fun. Shaka Zulu might just shaka zulu on em! They played a great selection of Ghanaian and Nigerian while we were there. So it’s good to get to Shaka Zulu (in Dzorwulu) past 1:30am. Lulu taught me small alanta o! Tonia was breaking down the #azonto moves while Joyce was getting it. I danced with their friend Portia too small. I also saw my Presec mate Pierre who was leaving as we were arriving. Once the ladies wanted to go home, the partying had ended for me, especially because they lived near me in East Legon. Yup, yet another sets of rides home. ;-)

Obinna and I dropped them off to their house and went on to look for some munchies. We had a couple of conversations around women and here are your takeaways.


PS: All my ladies! Nse nse decale (oya decale)! Iye iye iye iye! Kukere!
There's a Naija movie called 'All My Ladies' o! ---> Watch on YouTube!

Comments

Unknown said…
lol like the tweet
Ato said…
hehe... yeap, Obinna had some true words that night.

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages