Get the Ghanaian movie 'I Sing Of A Well' today!

If you've followed my blog for awhile, you'll know how much I love the Ghanaian movie 'I sing of A well' (ISOAW). I interviewed the director, Leila Djansi, about it. I went through thick and thin to be able to watch a preview of the movie when it wasn't available anywhere. I then reviewed it, calling it one of the best African movies of all time. Now, it is available for you to buy and watch. At this link, it costs under $5. Get it today!

The movie won multiple awards at the African Movie Academy Awards earlier this year.

In a February 8, 2010 interview with yours truly, Leila Djansi answered "I have no idea yet" to the "When will the movie, ISOAW, be out on DVD or VCD?" question. She then told me it was in the hands of the distributor. The movie is finally able for purchase. It's been a long time coming, but it will be worth it. I will rather have great African movies be premiered, do the rouns at film festivals for a while before they are made available for purchase on DVD or VCD. The entire production for the movie took about 8 months.

We should support good and great African movies. I keep on asking my friends who go home to Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and other places to buy me the latest good movies with the assurance that I'll pay them for the films. Excellent African movies are collectibles. They tell the African story and especially for Africans sojourned in foreign lands, they can render great memories of home. 'I sing of a well' doesn't exactly render those memories since it was set in a time (time of the Mali empire) when most of us were not born. However, it tells a good story and sheds light on our history. It's definitely a movie to own.

Here's the trailer, it's as good as new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67eVQijlbx4

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you bought movies from this sight before? Just wondering about security...
Maltiti Shop said…
tried to buy the movie using executive image and my paypall account. But after the 2nd step i can't get through to step 3. ANNOYING!how did you manage this strange way of buying the dvd? I am to curious to wait..so i got to see this movie!!
MIghTy African said…
Hello Maltiti, it works. Just tried and it goes all the way to the paypal bit.

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages