Sharing some of my goals for 2014

This is my first blog post of 2014. Last year, I set a goal of posting 233 blog posts and met it. #233moments. I had to clutch at straws to post 9 blog posts on my birthday (31st December no less) and 50 blog posts in December. I promise not to leave it so late this year. I'm using this first blog post to talk through some goals am setting and want to share publicly.

I'm sure you could have guessed one already. Yes, I plan to write 233 blog posts again this year. My blog didn't do as much for me as I wanted it to do last year, and I'd continue with that. I want to write more feature pieces and grow the influence of MightyAfrican.blogspot.com. They will be longer posts to write but I'd find a way. Vim dey.

At work at Rancard, I have a strong desire to contribute a great solution to e-commerce and online payment issues we're facing in Ghana and in many African countries. Paypal is still not coming to Ghana soon after all the noise we made last year and while I really want it to come, I'm working on a locally built solution. A world-class locally built solution from an awesome African tech company. Watch out.

For those of you who've been wondering what ever happened to Museke.com, it will be back this year. I refuse to let anything I've led die. I have some ideas and would launch one of them pretty soon. The African music industry has changed. I started Museke while looking into the future, the new ideas will be visionary just like last time. Museke likely won't be back as a full-fledged site but there will be a couple of running services. It's a business now. Not sure we can do the MOAMAS this year tho.

Barcamp Ghana has grown considerably since its inception in 2008, with 28 Barcamps and counting. I'd hand over leadership of this within the GhanaThink Foundation to others. Barcamp Ghana should cover all 10 regions this year. In addition to the Barcamp Ghana program, Junior Camp Program, Ghana Volunteer Program, Fiesta Debates and all, there would be a couple of new programs (or projects) out of GhanaThink. This I promise you. And yeah, GhanaThink would be doing more outside Ghana.

I've not been to the US in over 2.33 years. And I'm not even bothered about it. But this year, I shall visit the US. I need to for a couple of reasons. It would be nice to go to Europe a couple of times. It would cost too much to go to Brazil to see the Black Stars shine at the World Cup, but I would see what I can do about that. I have big plans for Asia, but I'm not sure if I want to travel there yet. If you're reading this, and you're my friend or supporter, this is where you come in to help. Help me pay for me to travel or get some good deals around that. :-)

It would be nice to make more money this year. Change my #vimride, start buying or building a house, etc. I'm planning on adapting what I normally do to do so. More buck for the bang. Don't get taken aback by this, it's just about time. I'd be learning along the way, so understand it when you see it happening.

I'm growing old. I'm 30 now. By the end of the year, you'd know who my girlfriend (and subsequent wife) is. This is a tough one, because I have to be careful from rushing it and making right choices. Telling you publicly is not to put pressure on me but to make sure I take the needed steps to meet this goal.

Along the way, I'd be blogging about some of these. Join me for the ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages