Traits of a good wife according to my mother

I love my mother. She's so caring. In fact, she takes caring to a whole new other level. But I guess that's what mothers do. Caring might just be the most important thing when it comes to being a mother. But is it the most important thing when it comes to being a wife? Yeah, are you asking me why I didn't write - "But is it the most important thing when it comes to being a husband?"? Well, I am not looking for a husband. It's a wife I am looking for. A life partner. I was pretty sure my mum would know a thing or two about who would make a good wife. So I asked her.

I didn't just get up and ask her. We had one of those 'how is your girlfriend - are you guys fine - when are you getting married' type conversations. My answer to her is not as important as the next few things you are going to read. If you are a guy and you are married already, good for you. Maybe this would help. If you are  a guy and you are yet to marry, I pray this is very useful for you. If you are a lady and you are married already, maybe you are some or all of these things already or getting the hang of being them all. If you are a lady and you are yet to marry, I pray this is very useful for you.

So I asked my mother, what should I look for in a wife? She said a lot, but I captured something for you that you could read and digest in 2 minutes, 33 seconds. If you don't know why I chose this random amount of time, ask me.

Is this up for discussion? Yes, I have started it. It continued on Facebook here and there. Various friends liked, retweeted, favorited and reacted. I'm not sure if the traits of a good wife according to myself is that important. What do I know? I think I'd go with my mother's recommendations. But then a friend posted something on Twitter which struck me, she said
Things that make you go hmmm. So a woman who is in love with a man would show these good traits to... get her man. And then after that, what? That's a bit scary. I went on to say I want clairvoyance. But my mother would say that there are gaps to fill when it comes to these things. That's why I also like 'perfect imperfections.

I have too much respect for marriages that I am terribly scared to mess it up. I must have said on this blog before, nothing is more than important to me than happiness. To borrow from a lady I gave a free ride, ahem, a lift, earlier this year - joy. If (and when) I find a woman who generally exhibits these traits above just because that's who she is, that would give me happiness through the day and joy every second. I'm off to say a prayer.

PS: For all the people asking, I am going to ask my father for the traits of a good husband according to him. God knows I want to know more badly than you. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages