Vodafone Ghana says "Power to you"

So the last time I was in Ghana, I succeeded in not using an MTN chip. Good riddance. With number portability coming to GH this summer, perfect timing. I switched to Vodafone. I won't lie. I chose Vodafone for two reasons. 1: They sponsored Barcamp Ghana. 2: They bought Ghana Telecom and my mother used Vodafone too. I enjoyed their services for the most part and moving forward, I think I'll be sticking with them. Besides, their marketing tagline is 'Power to You'. Doesn't that shout VIM to you?

I was encouraged by how Vodafone was marketing itself while I was in Ghana. It seemed they had realised they needed to push the envelope with reaching the Blackberry and texting-crazy Ghanaian youth in order to increase their market share. I saw a friend get a Vodafone Blackberry phone locally for an affordable price. By the way, have you seen their new ultra modern headquarters located in Airport City?

See some ads - Power to You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g-ZgmJxDbY


Whispers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xEVSSeULww


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DY1clgXqBE


For some weird reason, my Dell computer would not turn on when I got to Accra last December, and neither would it work in Kumasi either. Since I had gotten an Android phone, seemed like I was going to stuck on the mobile web. Stuck on it I was. A lot of my expenditure while I'm in Ghana goes towards communication and transportation. Thank heavens. Nah, I ain't spending my money at Citizen Kofi, Rhapsody's and Frankie's. I routinely spent over 40 GhC, approx $26 on phone card units each week. I browsed a whole lot and made many calls on this amount and felt I was getting my money's worth. The internet speed was bearable and I wasn't worried about the 'units' getting finished. Now this is a marked departure from my experience with AT&T's internet. In fact, I hardly use AT&T wi-fi on my phone, thank goodness I have free wireless in most places I find myself.

This is no promotion for Vodafone's service. But "power to you" does sound like "vim" to me. So, go Vodafone, go.

Comments

Aba T. Tetteh said…
Not to burst your bubble; being full of praise for Vodafone Ghana. I have had terrible experience with their broadband internet service; from installation up till i stopped using it 2 months after. Me?, not a fan of Vodafone Ghana

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages