Retrieving pick-pocketed items in Accra, Ghana - Part 4

I woke up Tuesday morning thinking about "Dominique Mark". Actually, I was thinking about him using his real name, as in the other two names or identities I had discovered the day before. I felt bad that he had to lie in a police cell because of me. I hoped his loved ones would be there at the Nima police station when I arrived there. I had been advised to check my bank account to make sure nothing was 'stolen' from it. So I passed by a GT Bank branch and asked to check my account statement. They were going to charge GhC 2.50 to do this. If I had summarized Part 1, 2, and 3 for this teller, would she have not charged me the two-fiddy? Maybe. After something like 2.33 minutes, she gave a piece of paper with a number of it. The number signified the amount of money in my account. Why you want know? The number reflected well on what I expected to have in there. So I left the bank for the police station.

To do what? I was supposed to be there. Because of how, this, that and another.

Sometime during the journey to Nima, I remembered that I hadn't written out my Statement and didn't have the sheet in the car. When I got to the police station, "Dominique Mark" was there with the policemen and his brother was there too. Before I get to what was transpiring at this time, let me talk about the statement. You know I like to write, so I write I did. I wish I could have taken a picture of the statement and posted it on this blog. The police wouldn't allow me to do so. Then again, I didn't even have a phone that could take a picture. Yawa. The statement could not have paragraphs, the police said. I didn't ask why. I almost always do. But as for this one, at this time, in this place, for this situation, I didn't ask why. I talked about the story and how because of Dominique Mark's inconsistent stories, I believed he was an accomplice in the crime of March 6th.

I'm tired of copying and pasting "Dominique Mark". It's not even his real name. Let's call him... wait, let me go ask on Facebook. Okay, we have a decision on this. Thanks to a quick turnaround on Facebook. Okay, in circumspect, we shall call him "the Suspect".

The Suspect's brother was there, pleading on his behalf. He claimed that the Suspect lived in Accra New-Town. He also said the Suspect worked with him in his Travel & Tours company. That must explain the text message about the Canadian ticket. Or that it was a good answer for a "sakawaed" message about a Canadian ticket. How did his brother know the Suspect was at the Nima police station? Sumaila had come to tell him. Who is Sumaila? The black t-shirt guy from Monday night. Black smoke don appear o! Now, the Suspect said he knew who Sumaila was. More lies. He wasn't helping his case at all.

The District Commander was present this morning. She wasn't buying the stories of the Suspect. She wanted him to tell her the truth so this investigation could be ended. The Suspect and his brother pleaded their innocence. The Suspect claimed his mother had heard the news and had been admitted at the hospital. I would believe that story but the police wouldn't. It's probably because they have seen so much to make decisions on what to believe and not to believe. If this was a movie, the police force would not watch it cos they won't take the stories seriously. Or maybe they would, because the way they handled this whole case was admirable. "Ghana police: serving with integrity!" But wait, a movie on this story is coming, people are calling for it!

I had a conversation with the Suspect's brother. I made it known to him that I really needed the phone back. But am sure we can all guess that this white Samsung S2 that was stolen a week ago had definitely been sold by now. So it was going to be tough to get the phone back. I waited at the station, because someone who was a friend of the Suspect was going to get the 860 cedis needed to buy this phone again. Wait, you would let the phone matter die? The phone wasn't mine o! I had borrowed it. Sadly, we don't know if it was registered with Samsung, and no app to track the phone had been used. Where's My Droid? If you have installed this app, you can tell where your Android is. You didn't know it existed. If you have an Android phone, get this app today before had I know is always at last.

I had a meeting so I called the one I'd meet with to say I would be late and that this is the story. He asked me, "Why is this story unbelievable?" Pause. Because the Suspect's story has not been inconsistent and he can't be trusted. I left the station and started gathering my thoughts for these blog posts. I would be called back to the station when the new Samsung S2 had been bought. But there was going to be a twist that would delay the deloris delirium of getting this phone again. Find out in Part 5.

PS: Can you hear the Twi Movie Commercial announcer voice? Part Waaaaaan en Tuuuuuuu! Where Kwame Djokoto of Edziban fame dey? I start dey hung.

Comments

Unknown said…
Ato,
Listen to me I will slap you Part 5 aden?.
MIghTy African said…
haha.. come slap me ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day

Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages