Learnt how to say "Happy birthday" in 13 African languages

Today is my birthday. For all of you who've been wishing me Happy Birthday, I will like to say Thank you in these 23+ African languages and in these 16+ non-African languages. I asked my friends for how to say Happy Birthday in African languages. Some exist. Now you can wish birthday celebrants in an African language. With some help from my African friends, we have a list to work with. I wish I could get to 30 but I've tried ahh. 
  1. Akan: Mema wo awoda pa. Mema wo awoda mu anigye.  You have another version? Add it in a comment. :-) The +kasahorow gurus like +Paa Kwesi taught me this.
  2. Ga: Afi o afi. You have a better way to say it, Let's hear it. Otherwise, this from +Naa Oyoo Quartey & Naa adjeley hold.
  3. Ewe: Dzigbeza bɔkɔɔ nawo! h +Enock Seth Nyamador of +Planning Wikimedia Ghana wished me this via Twitter today. So I didn't even have to ask gurus like +Seyram Freddy Ahiabor & +Doris Anson-Yevu yet :-)
  4. Swahili: Siku ya ulizaliwa njema. I've used this for a long time. I think +Eric Mibuari taught me this. I'm sure there's another way.
  5. Xhosa: Min'e nnandi kuwe. That's what Nomcebo said o. 
  6. Siswati: Lusuku lwekutalwa loluhle! Imini emnandi yakho yokuzalwa! +Phelele Fakudze told me this once on my birthday. Orgasmic! :-)
  7. Setswana: Letsatsi la matsalo le le ntle. A bit long as +Manteba S'rurubele herself would admit. Am sure it sounds really good when said. 
  8. Yoruba: Ku ayeye ojo ibi. I learnt this from my friend Mimi as well. 
  9. Igbo: Gbaa ubochi omumu gi nke oma. I learnt this from +Chioma Ileagu who shares the same birthday as me. Isn't that tres cool?
  10. Lingala: Mbotama elamu. My buddy +Mandi Nanga taught me this one. 
  11. Kinyarwanda: Umunsi mwiza w'ivuko.  Learnt this from +RICHARD RUSA, who I know my Google times.
  12. Bambara: Sambe sambe. Aminata Niang said there isn't really anything like in this Malian language but this comes close, it stands for benedictions.
  13. Dagbani: Naa dwam dali. +Jemila Abdulai learnt this from her mum and then taught me. Like just some minutes ago.
This follows the "Thank You", "Let's Go, "Money", "I Love You", "How are You and I'm Fine" "Yes & No" "I'm hungry" & Please posts in this series. Share how to say "Happy birthday" in other African languages via the comments. I wish I could have gotten to 23, but I just haven't gotten and I want to post this today. So we are stopping at 13. Lucky 13 eh? Help us get to 23 by adding comments.

Comments

Ankita Singh said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sonia Sharma said…
I really like it. It’s very helpful for everyone. Very Amazing and Interesting blog. Thanks for sharing...
Neha Singh said…
This is really helpful. Thanks for sharing this list...
Ayan malik said…
Nice article, thanks for this information post...
Alexa Cabs said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vida Narh said…
Wonderful. Tnx for sharing
Alexa Cabs said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yackson Iddi said…
Great job right there! A proud Dagomba is greeting you. Naa Tuma Pam Nawuni Ni Yoa Sam v3li.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
So knowledgeable post about the topic how to say, 'Happy Birthday'. Very deep thinking and knowledge transmitted here about the topic. shimla taxi sightseeing
great blog nice information thank u for sharing.
Hire Car and Driver in India
Akan: Mema wo awoda pa. Mema wo awoda mu anigye. Thanks!!
Hire Car and Driver in India
wow really nice blog thanks for sharing.
India Cab Service
wow, what a great post you have really covered everything.
Hire Innova Crysta In Jodhpur
Great Post on How to say Happy Birthday in African Language
Are you planning a group outing, family trip, or corporate event ? Make your journey memorable and hassle-free by hiring a Tempo Traveller from TEMPO TRAVELLER INDIA. We offer a fleet of well-maintained vehicles to cater to all your travel needs.
Tempo Traveller in Gurgaon
Tempo Traveller in Ghaziabad
Tempo Traveller in Noida
tempo Traveller in Faridabad

Popular posts from this blog

Learnt how to say "Thank You" in 23 African languages

Introducing REACH-Ghana on the occasion of World AIDS day